There is still no substitute for creating great work that deserves everyone’s attention. It must be creative and new and interesting. The same old boring stuff we’ve been seeing for the last 50 years will get you absolutely nowhere. Besides, wouldn’t you prefer to get paid premium for exclusive designs rather than competing for crumbs on commodity products?
Look around, there are so many sources of inspiration all around you. Here are just a few places where you can go to get started:
- Websites: www.houzz.com www.pinterest.com www.hgtv.ca/kitchens – find new trends and new ways to make your products.
- Design Magazines: www.elledecor.com/kitchen-design www.wallpaper.com www.azuremagazine.com – trendy publications will give you loads of ideas for new designs
- Design Trade Shows: Interior Design Show; EuroCucina
While you can’t copy these designs in their entirety, why not use them as a starting point for your inspiration especially when your customers are likely to enjoy these trends
Create a Signature Style
Create a style palette of designs that:
- appeals to your ideal customer – it helps if you have a clear picture of this person
- aligns with the kind of work you really like to do – you’ll be far more inspired by your work this way
- too much mishmash makes you look like a commodity supplier, so even if you still do the work because it pays the bills – don’t put it front and center in your portfolio
Invest In the Right Tools & Textures
When you’re equipped with the right tools and you use stylish materials, it becomes very easy to stand out and make a mark for yourself. Here are a few sources to stimulate your imagination:
- Royce Ayr profile tools for one piece Mdf doors
- Tafisa textured melamines
- Don’t forget to keep abreast of the new hardware as it becomes available on the market; at Richelieu Hardware
We Can Help
If you’re interested in selling cabinets online, we have solutions that can help. We can help you with your website, a catalog of products, e-commerce solution, and even complex pricing configurators to get quotes done fast. Contact us today!